[opensuse] dracut emergency shell - where to mount root?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:38:26 +0100
In earlier openSUSE releases, I'm sure I used to mount on /dev/root and
then leave the emergency shell with exit or Ctrl-D ?

With dracut emergency shell, I have tried /dev/root and /sysroot, both
found on the 'net - neither seems to work. I've tried openSUSE 13.2 and
Leap both.

Background - afaict, dracut or yast does not correctly create an initrd
when root is on nfs. For the first boot, I would therefore manually
mount root and continue, then correct the initrd.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-4.1°C)