Re: [opensuse] Re: memtest only seeing 48GB out of 64GB?
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 06:09:01 -0500
On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 9:27 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The MB now sees 6 of them for 96GB total.

The missing DIMs are in A1 and A2.

I'm not sure how much speed I'm losing by that config, but I'm more
than happy with 96GB.

Strange how Intel claims that you can only use 64GB RAM with that cpu,
but you have 96GB working......

http://ark.intel.com/products/82932/Intel-Core-i7-5820K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

I would see what combination of old & new sticks work to give you 64GB
and RMA the rest. If you can't get any combination to work, then I'd
say the board is defective. Seems like the board since A1/A2 are bad.