Re: [opensuse] checking on a sending mail problem with Thunderbird
On 01/17/2016 04:08 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Hi,

Sometimes when I try to reply or send an email to this list with Thunderbird,
I get a response of
temporary server problem, I understand meaning at my ISP, telefonica.net.

A copy of the email appears at the "Sent" folder, but it was never sent and
never arrives. I wonder
why Thunderbird, which reports an error, behaves as if it was sent. It should
abort and ask to retry
or not.

What I do as a bypass is copy the email on the sent folder to the draft
folder of another account
(gmail), edit and send.

All this happens both in Linux (Os.Leap) and Windows 10 - I'm now trying in
Windows: so it may be a
Thunderbird problem. What I haven't tested yet is sending on another system
via postfix, and see
what error I'm get from the ISP, if any.

Shouldn't they go to outbox if they fail?
I will occasionally see a message sitting in outbox but only when my internet
connection is going
wonky.