Re: [opensuse] Format disk with 13.2 btrfs file system
Le 18/01/2016 00:02, Anton Aylward a écrit :

I'm not doubting what you say, but I've just send back some 128G and
512G and 1T USBs 'cos they were .... unreliable. That is,

on usb flash drives, yes. You have to test them with h2testw.exe (windows) or f3write/f3read (linux), because many are fakes, otherds are pretty expensive or very slow

one i speak of a rotating plates, sata ones, in usb enclosure, no problem (I have a 4Tb for a year now, no problem -intenso ext4)

But WT*, I've got lots of 16G, which is more than enough to run a
LiveUSB with installation capability (if I ever feel perverse and want
to check out the laptops at Best Buy <hint, hint>)

Yes.

an do never forget than openSUSE live usb do open the rest of the usb pen as writable disk, large enough for system backup. I didn't check what file system, but can probably be formatted as ext3 for large files (is any on system)

jdd