Re: [opensuse] Format disk with 13.2 btrfs file system
On 01/17/2016 10:59 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 17/01/2016 18:56, don fisher a écrit :

file system provided by the distribution media. I wish to create a
bootable backup on a USB drive, and require THAT file system. That is
what I was requesting. I have tried to RTFM and have not found the
information that I require, so I will go back to using the distribution
media to generate a file system on my USB drive.

Don
I guess you missed my post. Looks at the yast logs. If you don't keep
them, make some fake install anywhere to have logs, but yast logs are
kept a pretty long time in my system

That said, I don't see why you should need that for a backup. default
BTRFS yast install have snapshots that gives some kind of backing point
per se.

jdd
What happens when you are left with an unbootable drive? With all other systems I have used rsync to maintain a mirror of my primary host that I can restore from a bootable media, such as a USB drive.

Don