Re: [opensuse] Format disk with 13.2 btrfs file system
On 01/16/2016 11:08 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Very possibly about no one knows the exact parameters to use on
mkfs.btrfs to create a suitable root partition, unless we find it out in
yast source code.

YAST is going to be more comprehensive than is needed to create a file
system for a number of reasons.

First, it is going to create sub-volumes, which while nice from a
management POV are not a necessity. That fact you could use ext4FS in
place of BtrFS on a single volume device is adequate demonstration of this.

Can you run BtrFS without sub-volumes? Yes I do.

Second, the YAST supports the use of multi-volume and RAID, which simply
don't apply when putting the file system on a USB.