[opensuse] Re: xset s 600 s blank does not appear to work
don fisher <hdf3@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

The command I use (xset s 600 s blank) is given in the title. The relevant (It
think) output of xset q is:
Screen Saver:
prefer blanking: yes allow exposures: yes
timeout: 600 cycle: 600
DPMS (Energy Star):
Standby: 600 Suspend: 600 Off: 600
DPMS is Enabled
Monitor is On
It appears to understand my command, but the screen never blanks! Is something
in openSuse keeping it alive?

I have had problems with the screen blanking when I didn't want it to.
It might be getting overridden by the settings for the desktop
environment. Where do you put your commands? I have them in .xsession,
but that only gets executed with the xdm display manager I think. I set
the display manager and default window manager in yast2 sysconfig.