[opensuse] xset s 600 s blank does not appear to work
When I am under on of the other window managers, like Fvwm, my screen now fails to dim after the prescribed time. This was working in the past, before my system crash, and I lost my notes on what to do. If I run openSuse System Settings, manually enable Power Management, then go to Power management I can set a time to dim the screen. But I used to be able to do that directly under X. Doesn't xset work under X any more? I tried doing the xset as root, also without success. Is there some set of services I can enable to provide the screen blanking?

Thanks, and sorry for the a bit off topic
Don