Re: [opensuse] Question: Leap 42 and Icon in Taskbar
On 16/01/16 19:28, jdd wrote:
I hope it hasn't been pushed to Leap 42.1 as a routine update yet (or
even ever?)

sorry if I missed something. I looked loosely at this thread since
yesterday where I noticed a standard update triggered the removing of
ksnapshot and the install of spectacle (from opensuse leap update repo)

Whether or not I have an extra devel repo for spectacle I know not as I
am now cradled in the safe hands of 13.2.

I have not

spectacle works when launched (from xterm or kde menu), as of the hot
keys, shift-print and meta-print works, but not print alone, and I
can't change the entry in kde config. I could change "ksnapshot" to
"spectacle" in predefined actions / printscreen (in a
.config/khotkeysrc) but spectacle still do not start

I notice this thread do not anymore follow it's subject, I can open an
other one if necessary

thanks

jdd

As a general comment: spectacle is a royal PITA compared to ksnapshot!
When you took a screen grab with ksnapshot and went to save it you had
all the info you needed to save the grab *including* the name of a
directory previously used and a suggested *file* *name*. With spectacle
you get almost bugger all :-(

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.9 & kernel 4.4.0-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor