Re: [opensuse] desktop icons and folderview swapping sides
On 16/01/16 05:57, John Andersen wrote:
On 01/15/2016 10:21 AM, ianseeks wrote:
Hi

Is there any key combination that can cause my desktop layout to swap sides?

My desktop has 2 icons (firefox and skanlite) on the hand side and a
folderview on the right.
I closed down the 2 programs i was using (firefox and Libreoffice writer)
and
discovered the icons and folderview had swapped sides.
Prior to launching firefox and writer i resized the folderview by holding
down
the mouse button to launch the resize menu and enlarged it.

Any ideas?

Ian

By Folderview, I suspect you mean a Widget/Plasmoid/as part of an "activity"?
Running with widgets unlocked can cause weirdness to happen. Make sure your
widgets are locked at all times. (righclick desktop, select lock widgets)

Also make sure you have selected the Activity you thought you did. Those
things can multiply like rabbits if you give them their head.

I think KDE needs a Barn (the kind you find on farms), so they would have
some place
to take the programmers that forced Activities upon the world, walk them
behind the
barn and shoot them in the head.

Now, now, John, let's not be too hasty. A bullet to the head behind the
barn would be too quick and a waste of a perfectly good bullet.

No, they should be made to s-u-f-f-e-r just like us poor users are
suffering. With this in mind, care to suggest another method of
inflicting pain on the programmers?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.9 & kernel 4.4.0-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor