Re: [opensuse] Network set up after crash
On 01/14/2016 08:17 PM, don fisher wrote:
How does one set up routes?

You shouldn't need to on a single hosted machine using DHCP.
Running the 'if-up' does it for you, if all else is properly set up.

Earlier you said

The route command shows:
Kernel IP routing table
192.168.7.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0
wlp11s0

That's correct.

my equivalent is
192.168.2.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 enp0s25

But you should also have an entry for loopback:
127.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo

Was that there and you ommited it?
Looking at your routl output I think you did.

But there should also be a "default' setting
As I say, that should be automatically set up, but it does need into
about your router address, which should be included in the information
provided by the DHCP process, i.e the address of your router.

In /etc/sysconfig/dhcp you should have

DHCLIENT_SET_DEFAULT_ROUTE="yes"

Could you show what's in

/etc/sysconfig/ifcfg-wlp11s0 please

If I were you I'd go back as Carlos suggests and do this all with YAST
since YAST ensures consistency and other constraints that you're not
sure to have editing files manually.