Re: [opensuse] strange ext4 problem
jdd composed on 2016-01-15 10:52 (UTC+0100):

I don't catch how an usb error can drive to a disk size error.

Years ago I remember similar vexation trying to move PATA disks between PC's
onboard controllers and USB docks. Only thing I can think of is there must be
some kind of interpretation or translation going on in the docking device's
firmware before data is passed to the USB bus, affecting interpretation of
partition table logical "geometry" that gets it out of sync with sector
count. But, by only one block out of 488378389? Sheesh. :-p

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/