Re: [opensuse] strange ext4 problem
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 10:27:51 +0100
Dne Pá 15. ledna 2016 09:27:50, jdd napsal(a):
I have a strange ext4 problem. The disk was an old backup I didn't use
and just wanted to reuse, but just in case I would like to know how to
fix it and see if the disk is not damaged.

any hint?

testdisk can tell a lot about the partition layout (even in case of broken
discs) and possibly restore wrong/damaged/lost partitions. But before any
manipulation - if there are valuable data - I'd make backup with dd.
HTH,
Vojtěch

--
Vojtěch Zeisek