Re: [opensuse] Network set up after crash
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 08:17:20 +0100
don fisher wrote:

On 01/14/2016 03:31 PM, don fisher wrote:
On 01/14/2016 03:04 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
ifconfig -a
I did the ifconfig as you suggested and it just listed the three
devices as expected. I think something is broken in my routing maybe?
When I click on an old link in thunderbird it claims it cannot reach
www.suse.com. But if I enter just www.suse.com into Google it opens,
so the rest of the link cannot be resolved. I will not open my online
banking window or other links I used to open all of the time. When I
try to connect to the name server listed in my resolve.conf I receive
a "Network is unreachable" message. But again, Google finds it.

Don

I tried the ifroute man page, and none of the files suggested

/etc/sysconfig/network/ifroute--interfavce
/etc/sysconfig/network/routes

exist on my system.

They only exist if they are configured - i"froute-interfavce" only if
you have interface specific static routes, and "routes" if you have
static routes. On a single user machine most probably using DHCP, you
don't need any of those.

Don, we don't really know your level of expertise here, but YaST will
sort all of this out for you. YaST->Network Settings->select network
card->set for dhcp->done.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.7°C)