Re: [opensuse] Network set up after crash
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 08:05:01 +0100
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 01/14/2016 04:44 PM, don fisher wrote:
Where does the applet go to look for the network devices and
connections? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

I'm unclear why you stop when you find the GUI says nothing.

Obviously you used the command line for running if-up/if-down.
Why not 'ifconfig -a'? I'd take that to be a lot more authoritative.

I also occasionally revert to ifconfig, but it has long been deprecated
in favour of 'ip'. 'ip' will give you the same information and more,
although not in one single invocation.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.7°C)