[opensuse] Network set up after crash
I am running 13.2, and was trying to build USB drive. Something was wrong, and when I tried to boot the USB drive it started looking for LVM and other things. My system was broken.

I managed to recover most of it using rsync and data on other drives. But I cannot get the networking to full capability. I have been running wicked. If I do ifdown and ifup on my devices, they appear to work. But when I go to the tray and click on network icon it is blank. It shows no devices or connections. When I click the wrench, the widow there also gives me no device choices. I can run Thunderbird, but the graphical windows contained within the emails do not load. Thunderbird displays "loading message" at the bottom, but nothing happens.

I looked at the section on using the Network Manager and enabled it as described. I did a rcnetwork restart as it suggested, but nothing changed.

Where does the applet go to look for the network devices and connections? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks
Don