[opensuse] kdialog and the latest snapshot
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 19:25:23 +0000
HI

I've got a back up script running at logout, its does a few rsync's but i use
kdialog to display a passive popup prior to each rsync to monitor the
progress.

I press logout and get the blue splash as expected as the desktop disappears
and as it tries to display the first popup, it crashes with an error that is
almost immediately covered by my original desktop layout (task bar included
sometimes).
The backup script carries on happily and displaying all rest of the popups as
per normal (on the desktop displayed), it completes fine and then redisplays
the blue splash and then returns to the KDM login dialog.

i've tried this on a different login on the same machine and it works fine.

Any clues how to find out what the system crash error displayed was or what
part of the system do i log the error against.

regards

Ian