Re: Re: [opensuse] Question: Leap 42 and Icon in Taskbar
  • From: Steven Hess <flamebait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:44:23 -0800
On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 8:12 AM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 10:30 AM, <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Greg Freemyer
Gesendet: Do. 14.01.2016 14:24
Kopie: suse ,
Betreff: Re: [opensuse] Question: Leap 42 and Icon in Taskbar

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 1:40 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
I just updated by test installation of Leap to the very latest whoopsies
and found that 'ksnapshot' has been replaced by 'spectacle'. Fine, I
knew about this change so 'No worries, mate'.

Basil,

Do you have an extra devel repo that spectacle is coming from?

They are only now working out the issues related to spectacle in
Factory/Tumbleweed.

I hope it hasn't been pushed to Leap 42.1 as a routine update yet (or
even ever?)

If so, I think there is a breakdown in the update release process for leap.

Greg

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht Ende-----

Hi Greg

Spectacle has been pushed as a regular tings.
I am a bit surprised that you do not know it, there has been a list of all
updates in opensuse-updates mailinglist and also a thread about the
problems of that update.

Cheers.

I've seen the thread(s) in -factory. I assumed it was exclusively
related to Tumbleweed.

I'm not a heavy KDE/Gnome user so I tend to ignore updates related to
the GUI. (ie. I'm a command-line guy mostly).

It is surprising that a bleeding edge change like this made it into Leap.

Greg

I am not seeing this change on Leap on my systems running it.

It's not difficult to change the print screen target on Plasma
Desktop Settings> Shortcuts> Custom Shortcuts> Screenshots> change the
application to spectacle

Steven