[opensuse] Question Leap: fonts and colours
I have Leap 42 installed as a test system on the same computer as
openSUSE 13.2 -- but as separate booting systems.

I am also using the very latest versions of Thunderbird and Firefox on
Leap and 13.2 -- but the important part to the question I am asking here
is that I am using, thru the use of symlinks, the *same* '/.mozilla' and
'/.thunderbird' in both Leap and 13.2. And here is the problem followed
by the question:

in 13.2 I have selected the fonts I like to be used in both TB and FF as
well as the background colours and font colours -- however, in both I am
allowing fonts used by the originating source to be used for displaying
the text. (Trying to explain this is getting hairy but I hope that you
are getting the picture :-( ).

when I use both Firefox and Thunderbird in Leap the font and the colour
chosen in 13.2 are ignored even though the same /.mozilla and
/.thunderbird are being used. I have also selected the same colours and
fonts in the System Settings (Startup>System Settings>whatever).

Why am I getting a different result when using Leap to what I get in
13.2? Anyone have a suggestion, or two, please?

BTW, evern though I haven't upgraded a copy of TW to the latest, I am
getting the same results as in Leap: different fonts and colour schemes.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.9 & kernel 4.4.0-2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor