Re: [opensuse] Installation DVD is horrible!
don fisher composed on 2016-01-13 13:24 (UTC-0700):

Per Jessen wrote:

don fisher wrote:

I will try again. I really do not like this type of code. Why can't
you specify a configuration file, or something nor in a damn GUI!

You can - swap out to a virtual console, then use fdisk/sdisk to
partition, your favourite mkfs to create filesystems. Swap back in to
YaST, and do a rescan.

Sorry, but I am a bit dumber than this. How do I swap out to a virtual
console? And then how to swap back and do rescan?

Swap is a poor word choice. Switch is a word Per should have used instead of
swap. It works the same way as when booting normally instead of during
installation. To switch away from the GUI, do Ctrl-Alt-Fn. When you're not in
the GUI, then Alt-Fn will switch to any virtual screen, as will Ctrl-Alt-Fn,
including back into the GUI, which always used to be on 7, but sometimes is
elsewhere, maybe 6 or 1 during installation. Rescanning you would trigger
from the cmdline with partprobe.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/