Re: [opensuse] Installation DVD is horrible!
On 01/13/2016 01:05 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
don fisher wrote:

On 01/13/2016 06:50 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-01-13 00:26, don fisher wrote:
and then mounts a swap partition from another drive, so my fstab is
corrupted.

The installation system uses, during the installation, any swap space
it finds (and it is not written to fstab). The swap space you create
during install does not exist yet, as all formatting is delayed till
the final "go ahead with install".

Maybe somebody else could try this and see what they get. The Install
did place the "other" swap space in my fstab, as well as the new one.

The installer will do whatever you tell it to. It will automatically
pick up available swap-space, if you don't want it, you have to
manually deselect it.

During the install, I am not sure how to remove the selection to swap
partitions on other drives. Will that not cause the installer to
delete those partitions from those drives?

Nope. Unless you tell it to delete. Just tell it not to use them for
swap.

I did select "Create Partition Setup" and selected the USB drive. Set
up then showed me the three partitions on that drive which I selected.
It then deleted the swap and generated / in partition 1 and home in
partition 2, deleting swap from partition 1.

I'll try this tomorrow - I feel certain it'll work just fine.

Thanks for the inputs. I gather not many people build bootable USB
drives.

I've not had the need sofar, but I doubt there's anything wrong with the
procedure.

how do you manually deselect it other swap?

Thanks
Don