Re: [opensuse] Installation DVD is horrible!
On 01/13/2016 06:50 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-01-13 00:26, don fisher wrote:
and then mounts a swap partition from another drive, so my fstab is
corrupted.

The installation system uses, during the installation, any swap space it
finds (and it is not written to fstab). The swap space you create during
install does not exist yet, as all formatting is delayed till the final
"go ahead with install".

Maybe somebody else could try this and see what they get. The Install did place the "other" swap space in my fstab, as well as the new one. During the install, I am not sure how to remove the selection to swap partitions on other drives. Will that not cause the installer to delete those partitions from those drives? I did select "Create Partition Setup" and selected the USB drive. Set up then showed me the three partitions on that drive which I selected. It then deleted the swap and generated / in partition 1 and home in partition 2, deleting swap from partition 1.

I will try again later.

Thanks for the inputs. I gather not many people build bootable USB drives.

Don