[opensuse] On resume from hibernation, firefox always warns of unresponsive script.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 14:26:52 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I often hibernate my machines, and on return Firefox pops a warning, on a random workspace, that says (hand copied):

Warning: unresponsive script

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.
You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let
the script continue.

Script: http://...somewhere (varies)

[stop script] [continue]

I typically click on "stop".

There is also a tick box to ignore for ever or similar words (sorry, I lost the dialog box now)

My guess is that whatever script is caught in the instant hibernation freeze occurs, Firefox wrongly thinks that has timed out because it uses wall time, not real running time.

Is this a known issue? Can it be reported, and if so, where? I guess upstream. Ideas? Maybe just click on "ignore"?

I don't use the ignore tick, because then it will not warn of unresponsive scripts during normal usage, and I don't want that.

- -- Cheers

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)