[opensuse] Re: Installation DVD is horrible!
On Tue 12 Jan 2016 04:26:11 PM CST, don fisher wrote:

I have been trying to build a bootable USB drive on my 13.2 system. I
plug in the USB drive, BOOT the installation DVD and select
installation. I get to where it shows the devices, and select the
Create Partition .. and choose the USB drive. I then have to go to
Expert Partitioner to set up swap, /, and home partitions. But even
after doing all that, when I start the build the damn thing first
formats the USB swap partition, and then mounts a swap partition from
another drive, so my fstab is corrupted. Why does it refuse to honour
my request to use the USB drive? Is there a trick I am missing?

The USB drive already had valid partitions on it when I started. I
told the system I wanted to use all three, by checking them in the
usage menu. But it then reformatted the disk, removing the existing
swap and making the first partition /. It was intending to use the
same swap it attached above.

I do not think this should not be this hard. Why is swap so hard to
deal with?

Don
Hi
I just admit I've never tried it, I just head to
https://susestudio.com/ the world is your oyster over there...

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 SP1|GNOME 3.10.2|3.12.51-60.20-default