[opensuse] Installation DVD is horrible!
I have been trying to build a bootable USB drive on my 13.2 system. I plug in the USB drive, BOOT the installation DVD and select installation. I get to where it shows the devices, and select the Create Partition .. and choose the USB drive. I then have to go to Expert Partitioner to set up swap, /, and home partitions. But even after doing all that, when I start the build the damn thing first formats the USB swap partition, and then mounts a swap partition from another drive, so my fstab is corrupted. Why does it refuse to honour my request to use the USB drive? Is there a trick I am missing?

The USB drive already had valid partitions on it when I started. I told the system I wanted to use all three, by checking them in the usage menu. But it then reformatted the disk, removing the existing swap and making the first partition /. It was intending to use the same swap it attached above.

I do not think this should not be this hard. Why is swap so hard to deal with?

Don