Re: [opensuse] I am confused: "high end" graphics Laptop for Suse (in Spain)?
On 2016-01-12 21:31, John Andersen wrote:
On 01/12/2016 12:09 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I use Crucial.com but I call them up and talk to them. They know the maximums
each machine will take, (regardless of what the manufacturer says) and they
will
tell you this on the phone but maybe not in writing.

Ah, but his limitation is the same as mine: we live in Spain ;-)

The site would be <http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en>

I see stores in UK, FR, GE, IT; Not SP.

Some shops in Europe set a small shop in several countries (perhaps
virtual), but phone calls are redirected to their home office somewhere
else; thus everybody makes relatively local phone calls. Cross-border
calls are more expensive. Then there is language barrier...

This crucial site offers to download and run a scanner on my computer
and tell me what I can buy. It downloads a .exe, though, it is Windows
only. For tools like this I would maintain the double boot option. Such
is life.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >