Re: [opensuse] I am confused: "high end" graphics Laptop for Suse (in Spain)?
On 2016-01-12 19:23, Daniel Bauer wrote:
Am 12.01.2016 um 17:30 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

I do like HP. Maybe I have been lucky, though.

I had a HP and was very happy many years. But then the graphics card
"burned" because it got too hot, and I read two customer reports on hp's
online store (es) that the new machines get too hot, too. Don't know if
they have a general ventilation problem...

Possibly it is a general problem with all laptops with powerful graphics.

(Mine has pure Intel graphics only and intentionally, to conserve
battery (ie, my purchase aim was battery life, not power)).

I would run it permanently on top of fan "cooler" (is that the name?) A
flat plastic box, wide as the laptop, with a wide fan in it, connected
to one USB port, or to a mains-USB power adaptor. Continuously blows
some air through the laptop.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)