Re: [opensuse] network setup in leap 42.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 21:01:47 +0100
Istvan Gabor wrote:

Hello:

In openSUSE 13.2 the traditional network setup (ifup in yast) was
removed

Despite that, it still works quite well.

and wicd (??) was introduced which I didn't like when I tried.

I'm not sure there is much to try - wicked runs your network. WHether
the interface is ifup or networkmanager.

Along with ifup kinternet/qinternet and related packages, eg smpppd
(SuSE Meta PPP Daemon, the back-end for kinternet) have been removed
too. I am curious how network manager independent network setup occurs
in leap 42.1? Does it have kinternet on something similar?

YaST / ifup. Works perfectly fine.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.6°C)