Re: [opensuse] I am confused: "high end" graphics Laptop for Suse (in Spain)?

Am 12.01.2016 um 19:55 schrieb jdd:
Le 12/01/2016 19:29, Daniel Bauer a écrit :

Of course I can only believe (or not) what computer magazines post in
their online reports and then hope it's true :-)

it's probably not.

and by the way, may be you over estimate your power needs.

this is very well possible!

I only know that my PC (intel i7 950@3.07 GHz, 16GB mem, Nvidia GTX 460) often comes to its limits when I have large files with several layers open in Gimp (can go to several hundreds of MB), and even more, when I have to use Win in Virtualbox for the Canon-Raw-conerter...

I do extensive HD video editing on an old (by now - 5 years) desktop
with 8Gb ram and a very low end i5. I added recently a ssd that is worth
the price. But it was $800 5 years ago.

HP low end laptops are random, but the professional series are very
good. I have some in my Linux User Group that after ten years are still
working.

AH, thanks for that info. I like HP in general (also for nice design), but I never know which are the "good" series names. So zbook are the pro ones? What is the Envy series?

In Spain, on the hp-site, the only one with 16GB mem is a HP ENVY...
http://store.hp.com/SpainStore/Merch/List.aspx?sel=NTB&ctrl=f&fc_mem_m8=1

The zbooks here are slower, with less memory and disk, but more expensive...

http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137