Re: [opensuse] Regarding Carlos ER's Mailinglist Ban
On 12/01/16 21:24, listreader wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 10:57:43 +0100
Bernhard Voelker <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 01/12/2016 10:10 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
[...] there remains one more action which the current members of the
Board must make [...]
Personal minor note:
This is possibly only me, but over the last years, I somehow got an
allergy against "so. must do sthg". It's an open project in a free
society, so hardly anyone "must" do anything. As we're not all native
English speakers, such generalizing, passive wording might lead to
misinterpretations, too. I'd prefer and therefore suggest active
wording like "I'd vote for", or "I suggest". ;-)

There are people in this world who are not native English speakers?
How gauche!

Absolutely "gauche" -- or did you mean to say "qouache"?

p.s. - that's "gauche" in its English language meaning, not its French
language meaning nor its Germanic roots meaning nor... ;-)

Ralph

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.9 & kernel 4.3.3-9 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor