[opensuse] Re: help with 4way_handshake_timeout
On Mon 11 Jan 2016 03:40:13 PM CST, don fisher wrote:

The wireless card on one of my systems will not connect. I am running
wicked under 13.2. Looking at Google, they suggest changing the
channel to improve signal strength, or extending the allowed time out
period. Is there a way under openSuse to read the signal strength?
What file needs to be modified to extend the time out period? Or other
suggestions if the above are bogus hints.

Thanks
Don
Hi
As root user;

iwlist scan

Rule of thumb, if there are other AP's on the same channel, move to one
at least 2 channels away. Aerial orientation can help both from router
and client... think of a big donut over the aerial(s) for coverage.

A forum user produced a package called wifiplotter to analyze wifi
signals, else if you have a smart phone, tablet there are free tools to
check out signals etc.

The other option if router and clients support it is to move to the
5GHz band.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 SP1|GNOME 3.10.2|3.12.51-60.20-default