Re: [opensuse] KDE Connect
* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [01-11-16 14:42]:
[...]
Some people reporting issues seem to be on Samsung devices. There might
be some sort of firewall in the samsung that prevents connection. I
don't know, as I don't have a samsung device to test with.

My internal network (wired and wifi) is ipv4 only.

After you do make a connection from the phone to kde-connect,
Do go to Start-gecko, config Desktop, and Open KDEConnect which should
appear in the hardware section, and check those things you want allow
for each such connection.

KDEConnect shows up in SuseFirewall in the pull-down list of services
you can allow. When susefirewall is running, it will block kdeconnect
unless/until you make that adjustment, and add it to the allowed list.
Once that is done, it works fine. I've tested both with and without
susefirewall turned on.

Thankyou, that was the missing piece for my toshiba laptop. I had
forgotten about the requirement to open the firewall for kdeconnect.