Re: [opensuse] Regarding Carlos ER's Mailinglist Ban
On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 18:16:41 +0100
Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks to those participating in the conversation concerning mailing
list moderation that did not resort to personal attacks, name calling,
or implying ill will towards any particular member of the community.

We have reviewed both the direct feedback to board@xxxxxxxxxxxx and
all comments of the various threads and have come to the following
conclusion.
While the imposed ban on Carlos from the lists was justified, well
intentioned and has resolved the disruption that was occurring on some
lists, in retrospect the ban had further reaching impacts than
expected, including removing a good source of help from this
opensuse@o.o mailinglist. For that, we would like to apologise.

We have asked the ML admin team to re-instate Carlos on opensuse@.o.o
while keeping the positing restriction on other lists in place until
February 14th.

Again thanks to those participating in the discussion that focused on
the matter of the issue.

The openSUSE Board
Andrew Wafaa
Bruno Friedmann
Kostas Koudaras
Michal Hrušecký
Richard Brown (Chair)
Robert Schweikert

Thank you for taking this action. Although I don't always agree with the
intentioned and did provide much useful information. Let us hope that Carlos
can remain a valued source of assistance on this list and doesn't slip back to
old habits.

Tom

--

When you get all full of yourself try giving orders to a cat.
- Anonymous

^^^^
Tom Taylor KG7CFC
openSUSE 13.1 (64-bit), Kernel 3.11.6-4-default,
KDE 4.11.2, AMD A8-7600, GeForce GTX 740 T/PCIe/
16GB RAM -- 3x1.5TB sata2 -- 128GB-SSD
FF 42.0, claws-mail 3.11
registered linux user 263467