Re: [opensuse] Regarding Carlos ER's Mailinglist Ban

Am 11.01.2016 um 18:16 schrieb Richard Brown:
Hi all,

Thanks to those participating in the conversation concerning mailing
list moderation that did not resort to personal attacks, name calling,
or implying ill will towards any particular member of the community.

We have reviewed both the direct feedback to board@xxxxxxxxxxxx and
all comments of the various threads and have come to the following
conclusion.
While the imposed ban on Carlos from the lists was justified, well
intentioned and has resolved the disruption that was occurring on some
lists, in retrospect the ban had further reaching impacts than
expected, including removing a good source of help from this
opensuse@o.o mailinglist. For that, we would like to apologise.

We have asked the ML admin team to re-instate Carlos on opensuse@.o.o
while keeping the positing restriction on other lists in place until
February 14th.

Again thanks to those participating in the discussion that focused on
the matter of the issue.

The openSUSE Board
Andrew Wafaa
Bruno Friedmann
Kostas Koudaras
Michal Hrušecký
Richard Brown (Chair)
Robert Schweikert

While I missed Carlos on this list, did not agree with the ban and will be happy to hopefully see him back, I did not enter in the discussion.

I think it is really GREAT that the board came back on it's decision and I highly value the character and the guts to publicly correct a decision.

Thank you.

Daniel
http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137