Re: [opensuse] software updates in LEAP system tray
On Monday 11 January 2016 13:11:43 George Olson wrote:
[…]
I am interested in knowing 2 things about the new way of doing it in Leap.

1 - what is the name of the program/application/daemon that is running
the software updates reminder that keeps popping up in my system tray?
Apper is not installed on my new system, and I was not able to figure it out

It might help if you tell what environment you are using. I assume you are
using a desktop environment, probably gnome or KDE?

2 - What does everyone thinkabout the new software updates management
tool? Should I get rid of it and go back to my old practice? (thatis
what I intend to do unless there are good reasons not to) Do people like
it? Are the updates better now that Leap is a more stable system?

What exactly do you mean with "better"? In Leap you can at least assume there
won't be big changes breaking stuff so might even want to enable auto-updates,
e.g. only for the "security" category. See the yast module on this.