Re: [opensuse] Re: Re: Strange update problem - Leap 42.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:27:26 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

Yamaban wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:50, Per Jessen wrote:
Yamaban wrote:

Shorted from above:
Wah!-Comp-wants-to-use-IPv6-but-I-have-only-IPv4-no-connect-at-all

Yup.

Hmm, have you ever heard of "/etc/gai.conf" ? Nifty file to
configure just HOW that damn glibc orders the get-address-info
stuff.

Yes, but there really should be no need to fiddle with that. The
problem is that Gustav's router hands out an IPv6 route although it
has no IPv6 connectivity. The correct way to fix the problem would
be to change the router setup, but the easy way is to just dhcp4
instead of both -4 and -6.

Sorry, but: "Snort"
NOT possible with wicked. (except if you mong the system, aka:
replacing /usr/lib/wicked/bin/wickedd-dhcp6 or
force disabling wickedd-dhcp6.service)

Just TRY to remove or disable dhcp v6 on Leap 42.1, it laughs at you.

Hmm, it seems to be possible, just as it used to be - if it doesn't
work, time for bugzilla.

With BOOTPROTO=dhcp, I get an ipv4 and an ipv6 address assigned (from
the dhcp servers).
With BOOTPROTO=dhcp4, I get an ipv4 and no ipv6 address assigned (from
the dhcp servers).
I have not tried with dhcp6 only.

With BOOTPROTO=dhcp4, ipv6 privacy addresses are still assigned due to
router advertisements. I guess it might make sense not to even run
wickedd-dhcp6. For Gustav's case though, 'fe80::1' as a default route
is handed out by dhcp.

Seems to work just fine. *SNORT*

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.8°C)