Re: [opensuse] Strange update problem - Leap 42.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:48:08 +0100
Gustav Degreef wrote:

On 01/10/2016 09:41 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Gustav Degreef wrote:

fe80::/64 dev eth0 proto kernel metric 256 pref medium
default via fe80::1 dev eth0 proto static metric 100 pref medium

Okay, there is your problem. When zypper tries to
access "download.opensuse.org", it will attempt to use IPv6, because
you appear to have IPv6 connectivity. When the first packet is
routed to fe80::1, it is returned with "Network is unreachable"
because your router doesn't actually have any IPv6 connectivity.
It's probably easily fixed by changing to dhcp4 only for your network
interfaces. This is done with YaST.

Thanks Per. I went to Yast > Network Config > General options.
There I unchecheked the enable Ipv6 and then as instructed by Yast
rebooted. But it had NO effect. Problem is unchanged. It's really
puzzling. Gustav.

You probably have to reboot to change that option - the dhcp change I
suggested doesn't require a reboot.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.9°C)