Re: [opensuse] .mod files
On 2016-01-07 14:22, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/06/2016 03:46 PM, don fisher wrote:

2) there are other file in / that should not be there.

.readahead

That's OK to have there.

The rest are anomalous. Something has gone seriously wrong, perhaps
with your install, perhaps with unpacking some RPM.

If this is a non-production//non-critical system, the experimentation on
a USB as you say, they I would would not waste effort finding out why,
just "nuke from orbit" and start over.

I don't think those files are that important to reinstall, Linux is
usually more resilient than that :-)

Often those files are user error when writing the destination for an
operation. Or by a script. Dates can give clues.

For instance, "udateTestcase" falls clearly in that case and can be deleted.

rpm -f /filename

will say if they belong to a package. Some 0 byte sized files can be
flags for boot operations.

zypp/

This one is very strange.

If the installation resides in a USB stick, there is the possibility
that it has been used occasionally to write files to it, normal stick
operation, from another installation. It could explain the most strange
cases.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >