Re: [opensuse] adding static ipv6 routes with YaST
On 01/08/2016 08:26 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
fe80::1 is the router, it's quite a common address to use. See for
instance:

That use is for default route redundancy, where the routers are assigned
a virtual address, which 2 or more routers can respond to. Typically one
does all the work, with the other on standby, ready to take over when
the first fails. Read up on HSRP and VRRP for more info. Are you
setting up redundant paths?

When I look at my own network, the router has the regular link local
address, which the other devices use for routing and also a global
unicast address ending in ::1.