Re: [opensuse] .mod files
On 01/06/2016 12:14 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/06/2016 01:58 PM, don fisher wrote:
This system is on a USB drive, so I have freedom to play with it. I did
a mv /*.mod to a directory in my home. The system still boots. But I do
not know how to determine if I have complete functionality.

Do you have .mod files under /boot/grub2/*. ??

Is there anything else in "/" that looks like it shouldn't belong there?

Are you sure that you are booting in grub2?

Sorry fir delay. Comcast, my ISP was having some problems.
1) there are 256 .mod files in the /boot/grub2/i386-pc directory. None any place else that I can see.

2) there are other file in / that should not be there.

.readahead
.so
alternatives.log
boot.img
btmp
command.1st
efiemu32.o
efiemu64.o
faillog
fs.1st
last.log
load.cfg
moddep.1st
parttool.1st
pbl.log
terminal.1st
udateTestcase-2016-01-05-12-48-31/
video.1st
wtmp
y2yamldata-0B1B9E
zypp/

3. The system shows grub2 message at boot timne

Thanks,
Don