Re: [opensuse] .mod files
06.01.2016 21:02, don fisher пишет:
In a related thread, I stated that I used the distribution media with
the upgrade option to update my system. As part of that process it did
run grub2 and update the boot configuration. I now find that I have 256
.mod files in my root directory. What are they and what should I do with
them? A Google link says they are usually generated by grub2, but I do
not understand why they were generated or what to do with them.

Ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don
What exactly is root directory? "/"? "/root"? Something else?

In any case this is not supposed to happen and those files are likely
useless in either of mentioned directories, but as you did not say from
which to which version you updated, hard to say anything.