Re: [opensuse] zypper upgrade problem
On 01/05/2016 06:36 PM, don fisher wrote:

On 01/05/2016 01:02 PM, don fisher wrote:
When I attempt to run zypper up I receive:

File './Essentials/x86_64/libvlccore8-2.2.1-129.1.x86_64.rpm' not found
on medium 'http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_13.2/'

I do not know what interacts with this package, or how to proceed. I
realize there were warning about using the packman repository, but any
advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Don
Request for more info please. I also tried loading my distribution disk
and requested an upgrade. I had previously done a zypper up, but the
distribution disk found many additional packages to install. Where did
these come from, since my initial installation from the same
distribution disk. Also, the upgrade from the distribution disk gave me
the option of skipping the VLC files not currently accessible from
packman. With the zypper up command, there were still about 270 packages
when the problem with packman was discovered. Is it save to use the
distribution media upgrade and just skip the VLC files on packman that
could not be loaded?

Thanks,
Don

I found additional items I am unsure about. When I examine /lib/modules, or /boot, I find references to at least two kernels. I realize when an update is made the currently executing kernel must be maintained. But where do the references to the old kernel modules etc. get deleted? Does each new install delete all previous kernel references so we always have one backup?

Thanks
Don