Re: [opensuse] disabling parallel boot
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 08:57:48 +0100
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

06.01.2016 10:35, Per Jessen пишет:
Per Jessen wrote:

Thomas Taylor wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 12:09:14 +0100
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

To debug a boot problem, the parallel starting of tasks is
annoying, because the logs are difficult to sort.

Is there a way to unset this feature and start each task one after
the other?

thanks
jdd

If you're using KDE open YAST, select System > /etc/sysconfig
Editor
System > Boot > RUN_PARALLEL, change setting to "no".

In Leap42 (with or without KDE) I don't see that option in YaST. I
do see it in openSUSE 13.1, but as of openSUSE 13.2, it seems to
have
disappeared. Or am I just missing some yast module?

In 13.2, the setting appears to be present in /etc/sysconfig/boot. I
wonder if it actually does anything.

No (at least as long as you are using systemd).

That's what I thought too. And I've just tested it :-)

Andrei, you don't happen to know of a suitable incantation for systemd?
It might be a useful thing to have.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.9°C)