Re: [opensuse] disabling parallel boot
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 08:31:24 +0100
Thomas Taylor wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 12:09:14 +0100
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

To debug a boot problem, the parallel starting of tasks is annoying,
because the logs are difficult to sort.

Is there a way to unset this feature and start each task one after
the other?

thanks
jdd

If you're using KDE open YAST, select System > /etc/sysconfig Editor >
System > Boot > RUN_PARALLEL, change setting to "no".

In Leap42 (with or without KDE) I don't see that option in YaST. I do
see it in openSUSE 13.1, but as of openSUSE 13.2, it seems to have
disappeared. Or am I just missing some yast module?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.1°C)