Re: [opensuse] disabling KMS (nomodset)
Le 05/01/2016 13:26, Richard Brown a écrit :
On 5 January 2016 at 13:08, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

PERMISSIVE-OSI-COMPLIANT < < < < the important part here

I just verified that all the software packages listed in the nvidia repo in yast have this "permissive-osi-compliant" notice.

http://http.download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/42.1/NVIDIA-LICENSE has
the following clauses

This makes it very clear that the NVIDIA Proprietary driver is still
very much proprietary and not open source.

I see this. does this mean some mechanism trigger the download of a nvidia binary other than the ones listed by yast? it may be the right thing, because looking for nvidia on obs download I see

"x11-video-nvidia

Installer for the proprietary graphics driver for GeForce 6xxx and newer GPUs"

and same for other nvidia parts

*installer for the proprietary...* so only the installer is free. confusing

thanks for the clarification

jdd