Re: [opensuse] disabling KMS (nomodset)
jdd composed on 2016-01-04 20:23 (UTC+0100):

Felix Miata composed:
unless using a proprietary UMS driver that requires KMS be
disabled. The only UMS driver I'm familiar with that requires KMS be disabled
is NVidia...

not true anymore

Absent evidence to the contrary, it's absolutely true as much now as ever.

I have nomodeset and nvidia drivers are active, including nvidia control
center...

Right, nvidia driver (UMS for NVidia gfxchips, requires nomodeset), not
nouveau driver (KMS for NVidia gfxchips, incompatible with nomodeset).

What part of what I previously wrote didn't you understand?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/