[opensuse] VirtualBox on LEAP
Hi Everyone,

I just installed VirtualBox (Oracle's version) on my new installation of Leap, got it up and running, and it runs fine. Pretty happy so far with what I have seen in Leap.

One thing that I am curious about. When I used to do my updates for VirtualBox, after every time I would do the update, I would have to run the following command:

/etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

When I did that, it would stop the kernel module (I think), remove the old VirtualBox from it, add in the new kernel module. The message would also usually say something about recompiling the kernel module.

Well, I noticed this time after installing VirtualBox (and it runs fine), that the file /etc/init.d/vboxdrv does not exist.

Also, when I installed virtualbox, the following messages came through:

----------
Creating group 'vboxusers'. VM users must be member of that group!

No precompiled module for this kernel found -- trying to build one. Messages
emitted during module compilation will be logged to /var/log/vbox-install.log.

Stopping VirtualBox kernel modules..done
Uninstalling old VirtualBox DKMS kernel modules..done
Trying to register the VirtualBox kernel modules using DKMS..done
Starting VirtualBox kernel modules..done

So I am curious, has something been changed, like with dracut or something, so that running vboxdrv setup is no longer necessary, and doing what is necessary with the kernel happens automatically now?

--
George
Box #1: 13.2 | KDE 4.14 | AMD Phenom IIX4 | 64 | 16GB