Re: [opensuse] configuring grub2
02.01.2016 14:11, jdd пишет:
Hello,

1)

I try to configure grub2 simply to remove the unuseful options on the
kernel line, specially splash=silent, because I need to see the logs
(leap do not start most of the times).

And your openSUSE version is ... ?

nothing seems to works... according to

https://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/html/openSUSE_122/opensuse-reference/grub2.html

* yast2 have a corresponding line, but making this line empty do not
stay (the option come again)

* setting /etc/sysconfig/bootloader option to ="" do not give any change

* /etc/default/grub is nearly empty and have nothing relevant

* Scripts under /etc/grub.d/ scripts have no "splash" in them and are
pretty complex, so I don't know how to do there

* grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg rebuild the grub.cfg file...
with the options I try to remove

2) osprober add the menus for my main /dev/sda disk, but not for my
other /dev/sdb disk (system is on /dev/sdc)

os-prober /dev/sdb
/dev/sda1:Windows 7 (loader):Windows:chain
/dev/sda4:Windows Recovery Environment (loader):Windows1:chain
/dev/sda6:openSUSE 13.2 (x86_64):SUSE:linux

I now it's a script, but much too hard for me :-(

thanks
jdd