Re: [opensuse] memtest only seeing 48GB out of 64GB?
On 12/31/2015 01:28 PM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
On 12/31/2015 09:53 AM, James Knott wrote:
On 12/31/2015 11:13 AM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
I remember saving the day once by replacing one of those line
transistors
with a soldering iron
I didn't know you could replace a transistor with a soldering iron. I
usually replaced them with another transistor. ;-)

Touche! s/with/using

BTW, are the cores visible on your Collins module? There were
always covers over the planes on the one's I've seen. They were
so expensive I could never find the courage to take one apart.

Regards,
Lew

That photo showed a single plane. There was a stack of 32 of them wired
together, with the stack enclosed in the memory module case. The other
memory I mentioned, on the 15" square board, had a plastic cover over
the cores. You'd never want to leave the core array exposed, as it was
so fragile.