Re: [opensuse] memtest only seeing 48GB out of 64GB?
On 12/30/2015 07:18 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 12/30/2015 07:50 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
I called Corsair and they informed me that since I bought 2 kits of
2x16 GB they were not guaranteed to work if installed at the same
time.
Wow!!! That's fussy.

I have added memory to both my desktop and ThinkPad computers. I didn't
even use the same make of memory and all works fine. For example, my
ThinkPad came with 4 GB of Samsung memory and added 4 GB of Kingston.
It just worked without problem.

I have a hunch it's more related to signal timing and clock speed rather
than capacity. Lower speed DRAM probably has fewer issues than high
speed ones. I had a problem like Greg's on a SuperMicro server mobo
some years ago. I never did get it working and just lived with 48-GB. I've
got one now with 128-GB and it's rock-solid. Go figure...

Regards,
Lew